Friday 23 October 2015

Former The Bachelor and The Bachelorette contestants talk life after the show


Former The Bachelor and The Bachelorette contestants talk life after the show
SINCE THE Bachelorette finale aired on Thursday night, all eyes have been on Sam Frost and her chosen beau, Sasha Mielczarek.
In what was an epic ending to the series, Sam declared her love for Sasha through a stream of tears. “I’ve been waiting my whole life to meet you,” she sobbed.
But not all the contestants from the 2015 seaons of The Bachelor and The Bachelorette have had the same good fortune when it comes to finding love.


News.com.au caught up with several contestants to see what they’ve all been up to - and who is now all loved up.
Michael Turnbull
Michael Turnbull was the runner up on the Bachelorette. Picture Chris Pavlich.

It’s been a very, very emotional four months for me,” runner-up Michael Turnbull told news.com.au
“It’s been a slow process, I’m not going to lie, it’s been hard. I have moved on in some sense, but having seen last night it did bring back a lot of those old emotions for me.
“I’m single and just taking some time out for myself. Laying low, but now the finale is over — it’s a bit of closure and now I just move forward and stay positive,” he said.
“Last night was the first time I had seen the finale. Seeing it from another point of view, an outsider looking in, it did bring back a lot of emotions for me and it was — it was hard for me.
“I did invest a lot of time and emotion in to Sam because I had an amazing connection with her. She went with Sasha and, you know, I have to respect that. She went with her gut, but it doesn’t make it any easier for me in that respect.”
Despite being dumped by Sam on national television, Michael hopes to find someone similar to the girl that broke his heart.
“I’m looking for a lot of the qualities that Sam had. I think Sam was an amazing girl with so many great values and morals and that’s what I’m looking for, someone who is family orientated.”
But if you’re hoping to get a date with Michael, think carefully about how you go about dedicating your love.
“I get a lot of messages and picture messages from Instagram and Facebook and I did get one particular picture where a girl, I don’t know who it was, but she sent a picture of ‘Michael’ tattooed with a rose on her hip,” he laughed.
“I hope she really wanted that tattoo but I thought that was quite nice. I think it came from a good place.”
As the second runner up, Richie has been keeping a low profile since having his heart broken by Sam.
“I’ve just been keeping it pretty low key. I don’t go out much anyway, so I’ll just go up north fishing or go down south and go surfing or something,” he said.
“Look I’m feeling OK. Obviously it was filmed a little while ago. It was pretty tough not getting that rose and how all that went down. Everyone could see Sam was quite visibly upset and that was really tough to see.”
“But I’m doing OK now, my heart’s mended,” he said.
“The point of doing this show was to hopefully find love, so I’m certainly open to meeting someone but it’s just I want to meet the right girl. I think you just know deep down if it is the right girl. It’s just the feelings you get when you’re around them.”
The Bachelorette episodics episode 6

Since departing the series, Richie has received a number of questionable love declarations.
“I had this really funny one. A girl sent me a picture of a rock, or some rocks. So she just sent me a cabinet full of rocks and said ‘here are my rocks’,” he laughed.
“How do you respond to that? I want to send her a rock back, just take a picture of a rock.”
Looking back at the chemistry between Sam and Sasha, her reason for going with the 30-year-old Engineer became clear.
“I’m absolutely wrapped for them. You could see those two had fireworks from really early on in the piece, so to see them so happy with each other and watching Micky walk away with tears streaming down his face was [laughs] was tough,” he said.
“But look, I’m so happy for Sash and Sam, they truly look like they’re in love and they are so happy and they are perfect for each other.”
Alex Cameron
Alex Cameron — one of the contestants, who is still looking for love. Picture Chris Pavlich.
Alex Cameron — one of the contestants, who is still looking for love. Picture Chris Pavlich.Source:News Corp Australia
“I’m not seeing anyone at the moment. Still looking for love, if there are any ladies out there interested,” Alex Cameron told news.com.au
“I’m feeling good about life. I’m back into the swing of work, I’ve had to get back to my day job. The partners at my office don’t really have much time to talk about celebs, before cracking the whip.”
“But I’m looking forward to the spring season. I’m hopefully going to be hanging out with a few of the guys from the series and enjoying life for a bit,” he said.
Sam and Alex share a moment on the Bachelorette. Picture: Channel 10.
Sam and Alex share a moment on the Bachelorette. Picture: Channel 10.Source:Channel 10
As for finding a lady to love, Alex said his ideal woman wouldn’t stray far from what he saw in Sam.
“Some of the attributes that Sam has: A good heart, a good sense of humour, someone who is relaxed and you can chill-out with. Someone you can trust, ultimately,” he said.
“I feel like maybe because I took that leap of faith, maybe more opportunities will come out of the show and hopefully there’s another girl out there who I might get to meet as a result of the show.”
Perhaps the next lady in question may be the result of another series?
“Not a no at this stage.”
“I am still very much single. It was hard to get on with life and date anyone. It only finished a little while ago. If you just start dating someone straight away, you can’t trust them. I wasn’t ready to put myself out there. I haven’t started dating again,” she said.
“Love isn’t something I’ve gone looking for, it finds you and when its right its right. Whatever happens, happens because I’m in no rush by any means. If something happens naturally I’m open to that, but I’m not looking.”
Perhaps another stint in front of the screen might be the answer to finding Lana love?
“If I’m in a relationship I don’t need to take on an opportunity. Never say never, but it would be very tough,” she said.
“Seeing what they have gone through, it wouldn’t be easy and I’d have to be emotionally ready.”
Sarah MacKay

While Sarah may still be single, the overall experience of being on The Bachelor was irreplaceable and a memory she will never forget.
“I did take some time off [after not receiving a rose from Sam Wood]. I went overseas with a couple of my girlfriends. Lana also came and it was great. I came back and I actually went to Bali with a number of The Bachelor girls,” Sarah said.
“It was just needed, you know. Coming off such a whirlwind like we did, it was nice to have some alone time and a nice good bonding sesh. And then I came back and now I’m into the swing of things with work and it’s great to be back. We just had the most incredible time.”
“I’m just having time with the girls and going out. You’re always hoping to meet someone that you get along with,” she said.
Heather Maltman
Down to the final three, Heather was the only one lucky enough to find love after being dumped by Bachelor Sam Wood. Heather confirmed she was no longer single by announcing her relationship with actor and musician Andrew Steel, during the Mercedes Benz Fashion Festival.

No comments:

Post a Comment