Friday 25 September 2015


Sam Lloyd talks to news.com.au about what it was like to play Ted Buckland in Scrubs
HE may have starred on Modern Family, Malcolm in the Middle and The West Wing, but Sam Lloyd is best known for playing beaten-down lawyer Ted Buckland in Scrubs.
When he first appeared in the pilot episode of Scrubs, the producer told him it was likely his character would be a recurring role if the show got picked up.
“If I had a nickel every time someone had told me that, I would have had one dollar,” he told news.com.au
“Talk is cheap in LA, but he stayed true to his word and it did become a recurring role, which was pleasantly unexpected.”
While landing a role in popular network television is what many actors dream of, Mr Lloyd jokes playing a down and out character does have its downfalls.
“After watching the show for the first time my mum told me I didn’t look very healthy,” he said.
“I tried to explain to her I was supposed to look that way on TV, but every time she watched the show she would say the same thing.
Mr Lloyd said it wasn’t just his mother that held that viewpoint; members of the public would often make comments to him.
“Very often, when people see me on the streets they would tell me it was great to see me looking so healthy,” he said.
“Then there were people who just wanted to give me hugs because they felt so bad for me. I didn’t mind because I love hugs.”
The actor admits after playing the role for a few years, he was happy to be done with it.
“It was really fun, but after a few years of being sad all the time, I just wanted to be happy,” he said.
“Plus it’s nice to wear clothes that fit and not look so sweaty all the time.”
All things considered, Mr Lloyd considers himself lucky to have been involved in a television show that was so popular across the globe.
“I could be like The Todd and have people try and high five me all the time,” he laughed.

No comments:

Post a Comment